For today’s project pulled out the new background stamp Handwritten. I love this background stamp as it has such a mix of words in a variety a languages so can be used for any occasion and its in the most lovely curvy font.
I created the back with a wash of Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Grapefruit grove and Mango Melody across damp watercolour paper. After leaving to dry and stamped the background stamp across the front, using the Stamparatus for this meant I could re-stamp numerous times with black to create a deeper image.
To finish the card I added the Thank You greeting from Stitched All Around and mounted it on the coordinating die from Stitched Labels Framelits Dies. I also added some of the new black 1/8″ cord which I can see myself using a lot.
For today’s’ card I fancied doing a little water colouring, so I pulled out the Count My Blessings stamp set and work with the acorn stamp. I used my aqua painter and inkpads to get the colours I wanted. The leaves are done in Old Olive and the acorns a mix of Chocolate Chip and Cajun Craze.
I wanted the coloured acorn to be the focus of the card so used the second largest Stitched Shape Framelit to cut it out. To add some texture behind I took a Delicate White Doily and inked it with a mixture of Early Expresso and Chocolate Chip. Once dry I scrunched it up to create even more texture. I folded the doily a little to create folds within the circle to add some ruffles, I then attached this to the back of my acorn circle.
For the greeting I stamped “gather together & give thanks” in Early Expresso on some Very Vanilla cardstock, I then cut this out using one of the banners in the Bunch of Banners Framelit set. To add some more texture I attached some pulled apart Copper Trim.
To finish the front of the card I cut a layer of the Painted Autumn DSP measuring 10cm x 14xm and sponged a little Early Expresso around the edges. I then attached this onto an Early Expresso card base using Fast Fuse. I mounted my acorn circle in the bottom right corner and then stuck the banner diagonally across the bottom.
I added an extra stamped acorn to the inside of the card but left this one as just an outline.
Hope you’ve had a lovely weekend, we’ve trimmed some trees in the garden so I’ve now got a bit more light in the garden. Talking of light, this week challenge over at TGIF Challenges was to used the Bokeh techinique, which is an out of focus photography lighting effect. I was a bit stumped on quite how to do this at first but am quite pleased with the results. What do you think?
To make the background I took some watercolour paper and then misted all over with water. I then took my aqua painter and some Blushing Bride re-inker and created a wash all over the card.
I then made a circle template using some window sheet and the circle punches in sizes 1 3/8″, 1 1/4″ and 3/4″. With the 1 3/8″ template I sponged some Peekaboo Peach in a random pattern all over. Next I took the 1 1/4″ template and sponged with Flirty Flamingo, I made sure that these circles all over lapped the previous ones.
I then took the 3/4″ template and Calypso Coral and added some overlapping circles and some randomly on their own. I found the finished background a little bright for the effect I wanted so I dulled it down a little by adding a layer of vellum.
I added some of the Calypso Coral Ombre ribbon across the centre and adhered the whole panel to a Calypso Coral card base.
To finish the card off I just added a water coloured kitty from Pretty Kitty mounted onto circles die cut from the Layering Circles Dies.
I love the how delicate this ended up looking. What do you think? Fancy having a go at this challenge yourself them head over to the TGIF Challenges blog for more details.
Thanks for popping by.
Hope you’ve all have a lovely weekend and enjoyed the sunshine. It’s lovely but today I’m thankful I live in a stone cottage and can cool off easily. Today’s card was inspired by the watercolour pencils. I was playing around creating rainbow in various patterns across watercolour paper and my favourite result was this rainbow stripe.
I didn’t want to detract too much from the lovely rainbow effect so I chose to just use Basic Black ink and minimal stamping. The dragonfly is actually stamped twice as the first time he was very faint as I forgot to do the tap, tap, twist motion with the archival ink. Although with the photopolymer stamps this was really easy to do.
The leaves are from the Falling Flowers stamp set as I wanted a bold outlined leaf shape and this was perfect. I’ve not chosen a sentiment for this card as I think it could work for many occasions and doesn’t need anything else adding.