For my final project focusing on the Nature’s Poem Suite I’m going all Christmassy and mixing in the Stitched Seasons Framelits and a brand new stamp set launching on September 5th Dashing Deer which is gorgeous and reminds me of a single deer stamp we had a few years ago.
I used the frames in the Stitched Seasons Framelits to create the window in the Under the Mistletoe Designer Paper and the red frame. I love the stitched detailing which is added around both edges of the frame by using the two largest dies together,
A couple of the fir trees from Rooted in Nature stamped in Shaded Spruce and some gold embossed deer create the main image for my card.
To finish the card I stamped a greeting from the Dashing Deer stamp set in Shaded Spruce and die cut it with a frame from the Petal & More Thinlits Dies.
I think the fir trees make the perfect background for these gorgeous deer and I can see myself using this combination for many Christmas cards.
Hope you’ve enjoyed my exploration of the Nature’s Poem Suite and I hope I’ve given you some different ways of using the Rooted in Nature bundle. It is a considered purchase but I think its worth every penny as its so versatile.
If you’ve followed my blog for a while you will know that I love Stampin’ Up! dies and use them on pretty much every card I make. So today I decided to challenge myself to make a card which was made purely from dies, no stamping at all. I’ve focused on the Stitched Seasons dies again as I just love the frames you can make from them.
As a back ground to my card a did a bit of matting and layering which a piece of paper from the Garden Impressions 6×6 DSP stack, despite my love of florals I’m not a huge fan of these papers as they are a bit busy for my taste but I think they work okay here as a background.
The three patterned paper pieces measured 9.5cm x 4cm ( 3 11/16″ x 1 7/16″) and the matt in Melon Mambo measure 10cm x 4.5m ( 3 7/8 x 1 6/8″).
For my greeting I used the Happy Birthday Thinlit die which I adhered to my project using multipurpose adhesive sheets as this die is quite delicate and the adhesive turns it into a sticker, making it much easy to position. The flowers were made from two diecuts in Shaded Spruce and two in Petal Pink. With the pink ones I just chopped off the leaves and stuck them onto the Shaded spruce leaves. To finish the card I added some Petal Pink pearls from the Artisan Pearls to the centres of the flowers to cover over the small hole in their centres.
Hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project, I now think I need to challenge myself to make a card not using any dies, which I think will be much harder.