The Petal Promenade suite in the catalogue really appeals to me because of the beautiful floral stamps and dies and a paper pack which is just stunning in real life. I have struggled to use this set though as I found the sentiments hard to work with. For today’s card I’ve been inspired by the examples in the catalogue on page 106, I often look to the catalogue for inspiration when I’m struggling with a set as its a good starting point.
I’ve got less layers on my card but have added that beautiful large flower to the front of the card in Petal Pink but I wish I done it in Flirty Flamingo so it stood out a bit more.
If you haven’t got a copy of the catalogue and would like one then please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org I can send them to the UK, france, Germany, Austria and The Netherlands.
This card ended up looking totally different to how I planned as it was meant to have the Scots Pine tree die-cut on the front and be more masculine looking. Anyway I didn’t like that so went in a more feminine direction and I love how it looks.
I’ve never been very good at pulling of the delicate collage look but with this card I think I’m getting closer. The leaves are cut and embossed in Mint Macaron with dies from the Nature’s Poem die-cut set, I love the embossing on them.
The white springs are punched out of a new punch coming in the Autumn/Winter catalogue out on September 5th which I’m already in love with. The little flowers are from the bunny builder punch and is actually the shape for the bunnies tail! I scrunched up the flowers to give some more texture. A little Rose Metallic thread adds a touch of sparkle and the pearls in the flower centres finish the card off.
I even decorated the inside of this one.
This is my favourite card with the Rooted in Nature bundle and think it shows just how versatile this bundle is, its so much more than masculine tree cards.
For today’s project I was attempting to make a one-layer card, something which I really struggle with. To create the band of stamping across the middle of the first card I masked off roughly a third of the card with masking tape. The background was created with sponged Petal Pink and the leaves were stamped in Grapefruit Grove and Cajun Craze.
This first card was the result of my third attempt at this technique, its definitely one I need more practise in as I found my tape stuck too much and ripped my first two attempts and this third one is a little crooked. To finish this card I embossed the sentiments in Copper embossing power. This is an close to my initial plan as I came today.
For this second card I just cut the good stamping away from my ripped edge and mounted onto a strip of Cajun Craze. I stamped the greeting in Cajun Craze and added a couple of Faceted Dots in Grapefruit Grove. this actually turned out to be my favourite card of the three.
The final used some dies…yes I can’t help myself, but this strip off stamping was a mess and now with the 3.5cm (1 7/16″) square dies you wouldn’t even know. Three squares mounted on the matching scalloped squares and a Cajun Craze sentiment and I’ve rescued my first attempt and made a third card.
Three cards is not bad for an afternoon’s play and shows you can turn even your messes into beautiful projects.
If you’ve followed my blog for a while you will know that I love Stampin’ Up! dies and use them on pretty much every card I make. So today I decided to challenge myself to make a card which was made purely from dies, no stamping at all. I’ve focused on the Stitched Seasons dies again as I just love the frames you can make from them.
As a back ground to my card a did a bit of matting and layering which a piece of paper from the Garden Impressions 6×6 DSP stack, despite my love of florals I’m not a huge fan of these papers as they are a bit busy for my taste but I think they work okay here as a background.
The three patterned paper pieces measured 9.5cm x 4cm ( 3 11/16″ x 1 7/16″) and the matt in Melon Mambo measure 10cm x 4.5m ( 3 7/8 x 1 6/8″).
For my greeting I used the Happy Birthday Thinlit die which I adhered to my project using multipurpose adhesive sheets as this die is quite delicate and the adhesive turns it into a sticker, making it much easy to position. The flowers were made from two diecuts in Shaded Spruce and two in Petal Pink. With the pink ones I just chopped off the leaves and stuck them onto the Shaded spruce leaves. To finish the card I added some Petal Pink pearls from the Artisan Pearls to the centres of the flowers to cover over the small hole in their centres.
Hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project, I now think I need to challenge myself to make a card not using any dies, which I think will be much harder.