For today’s card I have gone a bit more in depth with techniques as I wanted to get a bit messy. I should have picked a different day though turning up to pick your daughter up from pre-school with blue hands is perhaps not the best idea.
I started with some glossy cardstock measuring 13.5cm x 9.5cm and Night of Navy, Island Indigo and Pool Party inks and some craft sponges. Firstly I took the Night of Navy ink and sponged a circle in the middle of the card and then blended it out just a little. I next took the Island Indigo and went round the Night of Navy circle and blended outwards. Taking the Pool Party ink I then filled in the remaining cardstock with ink, blending together as much as I could. When this had dried for around a minute I took the Night of Navy ink again and sponged over the whole cardstock. What you are left with is an inked background which is darker in the middle and then goes lighter towards the edges.
While the inked background was drying I cut out the silver foil layer which measures 14cm x 10cm and then die cut the large detailed star from the centre, this was so I didn’t waste any foil. I then die cut the large star outline in Night of Navy and glued the silvers stars onto them using the fine-tip glue.
Once the inked background were dry I took my embossing buddy and rubbed it all over the cardstock. I next inked up the large swirl in Versamark ink and stamped two swirls diagonally across the centre. I also added a greeting to the bottom right corner in Versamark. I then heat embossed all the images with white embossing powder.
To complete the card I took a card base measuring 21cm x 14.5 cm, scored and folded at 10.5cm and adhered the silver layer and then the inked layer. The stars were added with Stampin’ Dimensional’s.
For the inside of the card I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 14cm x 10cm and stamped the large swirl at the bottom in Night of Navy. I also added the greeting “May you Season be Peaceful and your New Year be Bright”.
I really enjoyed making this card, so much so I’ve now made ten of them so I have a nice stack ready for my Christmas cards, only problem was I have a very temperamental heat gun, so the embossing took a whole afternoon!